Saturday, September 12, 2009

Choosing a Special Gift? Try a Personalised Item!

You want a really special present or gift. You want to show that you put thought into it. It's so hard to find a really unique gift isn't it?When Christmas comes around, or other special occasions like Christenings, Weddings etc or you are searching for a really special item to give someone as a reward, or a token of thanks, where do you start?Why not think about a useful item that has been personalised just for the person you are buying for?The idea came to me when I was trying to find something my girls would like for "Stocking Presents" for Christmas. Two of them have names that never seem to be on items in the shops. You know the ones, the mugs, badges, bracelets and bedroom door name plaques.I eventually found someone who personalised hairbrushes and ordered three. They were very sweet, but it occured to me that I was always quite good at Art, had nice handwriting and was probably, given the raw materials, more than capable of producing similar items with my own designs.With the help of a friend who used to manage a well known chain of stores that sell Hair Accessories (I'm sure you know which one I mean) I was able to source some good quality wooden hairbrushes, and, after much practise and plenty of time spent working on an easily re-producable design or two I hit on just the right mixture.

Orignal From: Choosing a Special Gift? Try a Personalised Item!

No comments:

Post a Comment