Tuesday, July 20, 2010

About a year ago I received some negative feedback ..... my own fault really as I had gone on holiday and had completely forgotten that I had put in a bid on an item ending in ten days !!! However, on returning from holiday I was completely shocked that the seller had not only left me negative feedback without waiting for an explanation but had also included OFFENSIVE COMMENTS and SWEAR WORDS !!!The feedback stayed on my profile for about a year ..... it annoyed me everytime I saw it but I just assumed that feedback was permanent and could not be removed ..... About a month ago I looked into feedback and discovered that eBay have an entire area within their HELP section devoted to feedback ..... INCLUDING A SECTION ADVISING YOU WHAT TO DO IF FEEDBACK IS OFFENSIVE !I emailed eBays customer support team following the links within the help pages ... I included details about the item, date of auction and seller and was asked to provide an explanation of why I believed the feedback was offensive ..... A day later I got an email back !!! The feedback was against eBays feedback policy because it did contain foul and offensive language ..... the feedback was IMMEDIATELY REMOVED and my feedback score was updated !!! It was quickly and effectively dealt with and made me feel like a valued member of the eBay community !If you feel that any feedback YOU have received should be removed because of inappropriate or offensive content .....CLICK ON "Help"CLICK ON "Search A-Z of Topics"CLICK ON "Feedback"CLICK ON "Feedback Abuse, Withdrawal and Removal" OR ENTER THIS LINK.....http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/feedback-abuse-withdrawal.html As a BUYER or a SELLER it's worth checking out the many different services, policies and rules that eBay has ..... I was impressed with how quickly I was dealt with and very pleased that the eBay customer service team took my complaint seriously.THANKS for taking time to read this guide ....Please RATE IT if it has been useful !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment