Saturday, August 21, 2010

HONESTY AND PROFITS!

I am sure that this will cause a little controversy and some may simply neg it because it hits home a little too much for their conscience.


HONESTY VS PROFITS!

I am honest, and if I sell an item I ensure that the seller knows any flaws, if it has been used etc.


Looking at what people are selling, there are some interesting definitions of the word NEW - my personal definition means that it can be sealed (preferable), it an be unsealed (if that is how it was bought from a store -NOT that you have taken the seal off to have a test, and worse still you tried to reseal it with tape (happened to a friend and she had no option but to go via paypal)), it has not been used, and that it is in a condition that means that you can give the article as a gift.


My definition of used - lightly tested, sprayed once, sniffed, opened, tested on back of hand - I don't mind that but only if the seller discloses it in the auction, because then like many people I won't waste my money buying it as a gift. I might accept it has been used but as Christmas is coming - let's offer a bit of goodwill.


I have just bought an item which was stated as new on a buy it now (with a buy it now you have the SAME rights as you do in a shop - a lot of sellers are not aware of that), I checked it was perfect as a gift and I am greeted with a lovely big finger print on the surface of the product.


Yes honesty does affect profits but then again dishonesty affects them even more.


No comments:

Post a Comment